Thread: New Valtra N93 & N103

happycows

New Valtra N93 & N103

http://www.valtra.co.uk/news/5958.asp

looks like a lovely little package for stock farmers. could it be a competitor for the very popular massey 54's? snoopy nose and 111hp from 3 cyl sisu engine. automatic options on 3/5 powershift with cruise control plus autotraction so you don't have to use the clutch on loader work. armrest with loader joystick on. they seem to have ticked all the boxes but wonder what the price will be like!

Appealing or not??

nozzy

Re: New Valtra N93 & N103

well thats going on the christmas list

Yale

Appealing to me but still no low cab option for folks with low sheds.

A dealer was telling me this is why he lost out on a lot of deals on livestock farms.

Nithsdale farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Yale View Post
    Appealing to me but still no low cab option for folks with low sheds.

A dealer was telling me this is why he lost out on a lot of deals on livestock farms.

Just let the air out of the tyres

Wont be long before you can buy these in MF colours id say.......

FarmerStan

Quote Originally Posted by Nithsdale farmer View Post
    Just let the air out of the tyres

Wont be long before you can buy these in MF colours id say.......
    I've heard that rumour too!

Tree mover

Theres an inner voice inside me screaming " NO" to this upping power and dropping cylinders. What's the theory? Are they going to replace 4 pots or is it an alternative offering a more compact tractor for those that need it?

Looking at the older 2850 jd; you couldn't get a better tractor , size, power etc?

Chae

Quote Originally Posted by Tree mover View Post
    Theres an inner voice inside me screaming " NO" to this upping power and dropping cylinders. What's the theory? Are they going to replace 4 pots or is it an alternative offering a more compact tractor for those that need it?

Looking at the older 2850 jd; you couldn't get a better tractor , size, power etc?
    I don t know! Your 820 fendt is a pretty impressive amount of power in a reasonably sized/weighted tractor. Know which I d rather have.

pudding

who said tractors needed a even number of cylinders??

someone should tell harry ferguson lol don't let them build the 135 lol

if it goes anything like my minitaurus does, people will soon get over the lack of a lung

looks a grand we tractor, don't worry about small engines, SAME has a 3.6litre engine in a new 100,110,120 coming early next year, its smaller then the current offering.

Tree mover

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    I don t know! Your 820 fendt is a pretty impressive amount of power in a reasonably sized/weighted tractor. Know which I d rather have.
    Yeah it makes the tractor very versatile, but are many on here running these new 3 pots over 100 hp; or 4 pots at 150 hp.

Look at the ford 7610 Vs the 7810. All the popular 100 hp
    Jd 3050, Fendt 500 series. 4 pot turbos were available; but most went for the 6 cylinder??

I'm far from saying these new 3 cyl are not needed, and I do agree that we are all guilty of using double the hp to 20 years ago- but I still think there's a great deal of hype.

I remember being told a 415 Fendt would be just as good as a 714/716. But I would rather the comfort of the larger unit.

Weight, wheelbase is very important for grip and comfort.

sid

Quote Originally Posted by happycows View Post
    http://www.valtra.co.uk/news/5958.asp

looks like a lovely little package for stock farmers. could it be a competitor for the very popular massey 54's? snoopy nose and 111hp from 3 cyl sisu engine. automatic options on 3/5 powershift with cruise control plus autotraction so you don't have to use the clutch on loader work. armrest with loader joystick on. they seem to have ticked all the boxes but wonder what the price will be like!

Appealing or not??
    Not quite big enough for what i need....so got a 113 hi tech waiting to be delivered....good bye deere

kill
    Perhaps Valtra ort 2 feed that snail thats bin hauling ur new tractor Sid cause its taken AGES to get 2 ur dealer:lolk: Its a good job ur Deere worked hard while ur Valtra slowly got 2 ur dealer!

happycows

I doubt they are trying to replace four cylinders. if you want a heavier four cylinder then they have several to select from. This could suit a smaller beef/sheep farmer. light and agile/economical for carrying a bale out on the loader or link box on the back. bit of grunt if you need it with a rotorspreader or small moco on. if you got ploughing or carting lots of trailer loads of bales then sure you might need a bigger four cylinder.

I'm just starting to look about for something as a second tractor as my two eldest sons are getting capable now. jobs will be tedding, raking, wrapping and unloading bales in the yard. some rolling and harrowing when reseeding ect and on the lagoon stirrer just to keep it moving after i've stirred it up with the big tractor to stop it seperating.

Have been pondering over the merlo multifarmer 32.6 but this could be a safer alternative which would do all i needed.

james d geoghegan

Sisu have been ahead of most other engine makers for a long time now and from my experience of sisu engines over the last 17 years they are unbeatable, with sisu engines putting out 150 hp on 4 cylinders I can see no reason why 3 cy 80/100 hp tractors wont be top class , I for one would have no worry in buying a 3cy sisu engine in the future. I have never seen sisu make a bad engine yet and I doubt this will be the first .

anpoterrier

vamlet used yo do a 95hp 3 cylinder years ago and 105hp 4 cylinder so isn't new.

Enry

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerStan View Post
    I've heard that rumour too!
    Just looked on the website....the images are largely of a red tractor with grey chassis....looks good....and loks a lot like new masseys....some very subtle changes will make them interchangeable

Tree mover

Quote Originally Posted by james d geoghegan View Post
    Sisu have been ahead of most other engine makers for a long time now and from my experience of sisu engines over the last 17 years they are unbeatable, with sisu engines putting out 150 hp on 4 cylinders I can see no reason why 3 cy 80/100 hp tractors wont be top class , I for one would have no worry in buying a 3cy sisu engine in the future. I have never seen sisu make a bad engine yet and I doubt this will be the first .
    James your constant plugging has done nothing more than brain wash my head into NEVER buying a Valmet/Valtra. We all know you love the brand more than anyone else on the planet. But for the love of God- can you give it a break? Please???????????????

Nithsdale farmer

The newest A-series were all 3-cylinder engines, upto 102hp IIRC. The largest 4-cylinder power-boosts to 175hp IIRC
    Sisu IMO are the best engines around and i too would have no fear of buying a 'smaller' engine.

Fiat used to do an odd-ball 5-cylinder in the 880DT5 and it was a gutsy machine, and SAME used to put 3-cylinders into their Aster which was upto 80hp. That was 20+ year ago so its nothing new really. And as previously said about MF doing it and David Brown too also.

You wouldnt want a 3-cylinder 105hp tractor for draft work, itl be abit light. But thats not what it was designed for. These models have only came about as technology progresses, and allows (just think how far diesel car engines have came since the mid 90's - back then youd never dream of sticking a 1.6tdi in a small saloon. Closest you got was a 1.5d in the Corsa). It makes sense to me.

sid

When you look at the spec you get a lower lift capacity, less grunt for the same turning circle and size. Guess the saving would be in price and fuel?

Tree mover

Sid, I'm sure anything new will be more frugal and will boast features that would make anyone buy; but I just find these offerings a little hyped to say the least.

Unless a person has a very small and cramped holding, I would much rather something more main stream to sit on.

I know 3 pots are reliable and smooth etc, hell I spend my younger years on a mf 135 (no power steering and a trip loader) and also sat behind a ford 4600, pulling out of the steering wheel to help push that darned clutch; but is this like fashion, out with the old etc?

When we were all 4 cyl fans, ford 5000, ford 6610, mf 188, 590 etc; when the 6 cylinders came in 90-100 hp they were eaten up by farmer and contractor; and to this day are classics and some running to 20,000hrs.

Look at cars or jeeps- The japs moved into 4 cyl ; and vw and LR moved into 5 and 6 cylinders?

Whatever way you dress it up- I think a day behind a 3 cyl would be a long day, both on the ear and the bum?

michael7740

It's just a pity that they have glass doors with no frame, which means they will be pretty much useless, no matter how good the engines are.

james d geoghegan

James your constant plugging has done nothing more than brain wash my head into NEVER buying a Valmet/Valtra. We all know you love the brand more than anyone else on the planet. But for the love of God- can you give it a break? Please???????????????
    Tree mover , where did I plug valtra, I gave my opinion on sisu engines, and if you do your research on sisu engines you will have to agree with what I said ,so cool down.

james d geoghegan

Quote Originally Posted by michael7740 View Post
    It's just a pity that they have glass doors with no frame, which means they will be pretty much useless, no matter how good the engines are.
    Valtra going to all glass doors with no frames is a poor idea , especially for loader tractors , the framed doors could take a bit of abuse but these new doors will probably cost 7/900 to replace and they do break.

Tree mover

Tree mover , where did I plug valtra, I gave my opinion on sisu engines, and if you do your research on sisu engines you will have to agree with what I said ,so cool down.
    Next you'll say you never said a bad word about JD?? I'm cool James, and keeping on topic I would say that the NH powerstar engine was and is probably one of the best engines ever put into a tractor, great torque and easy on fuel. I like the sisu stuff to be fair, but I wouldn't agree that they are without problems.

On paper the brand is doing good business in the UK as it pushes for more market share, but as an owner admitted to me, one failing of the unit is the cabs. they just aren't up there. Thats why he also runs a JD and says as much or little as it breaks down, its a better place to spend the day.

Im not here to run down or up any brand. Thank God we all are different, with different opinions. It would be a sad day if we ALL ran Valtras.

Does anyone else think they look a bit......