Thread: new Holland ts 100 forward /reverse synchro 's

Red face new Holland ts 100 forward /reverse synchro 's

Hi to all .

After repairing the forward /reverse synchro on my TS100 after 2500 hours ,there will be some operator error ( me and others ) but the design of this part seems to be a weakness.

The advice recieved is to not to change the direction until the tractor has stopped is probably a good one .

Question .

I can delay the action from Forward to reverse ( or the other way round) to a second or two ,which enables the tractor to stop and help the synchro function for a lot longer .

Is there an easy way to delay this ( as above ) by changing any thing on the tractor .? if not , can anything be modified so a delay of a couple of seconds happens when you change direction.( adjustable delay would be ideal)

The above would stop having to delay the lever action , as I am doing currently ,which i dont think will happen with other drivers.

Is there any wiring diagraphms available for these tractors on line ? Cant see any on the parts website .

Is the forward /reverse electric then ( over) Hydraulic ?

There should bve an easy mod to help with this

Sorry about all the questions .

regards

Nzer

Re: new Holland ts 100 forward /reverse synchro 's

we had a TS115 that went through 2 syncros in it 9000hr that we had it.

It was bloody annoying that I could get it to change direction with no problems/ noise but all my other operators managed to get a big crunch every time (before we sold it).

A very slight pause when moving the shuttle is easy to do, to allow the tractor to stop, and I try to do it with the other NH's that we have too.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo View Post
    we had a TS115 that went through 2 syncros in it 9000hr that we had it.

It was bloody annoying that I could get it to change direction with no problems/ noise but all my other operators managed to get a big crunch every time (before we sold it).

A very slight pause when moving the shuttle is easy to do, to allow the tractor to stop, and I try to do it with the other NH's that we have too.
    Hio

I do that as well,but other drivers may not ,so am looking for a more permenant solution.
    nzer

Quote Originally Posted by nzer View Post
    Hio

I do that as well,but other drivers may not ,so am looking for a more permenant solution.
    nzer
    Power shuttle? or right hand reverse? Assuming it's a power shuttle, i would look into putting restricters into the pwm valve supply lines. Similar to what happened to later TM range commands. Try the dealer, a good parts man might be able to source?

Hi to all .

After repairing the forward /reverse synchro on my TS100 after 2500 hours ,there will be some operator error ( me and others ) but the design of this part seems to be a weakness.

The advice recieved is to not to change the direction until the tractor has stopped is probably a good one .

Question .

I can delay the action from Forward to reverse ( or the other way round) to a second or two ,which enables the tractor to stop and help the synchro function for a lot longer .

Is there an easy way to delay this ( as above ) by changing any thing on the tractor .? if not , can anything be modified so a delay of a couple of seconds happens when you change direction.( adjustable delay would be ideal)

The above would stop having to delay the lever action , as I am doing currently ,which i dont think will happen with other drivers.

Is there any wiring diagraphms available for these tractors on line ? Cant see any on the parts website .

Is the forward /reverse electric then ( over) Hydraulic ?

There should bve an easy mod to help with this

Sorry about all the questions .

regards

Nzer

Not dabbled with the TS range. What gearbox do you have and is it electro-hydraulic?? On the TM range there is a mod to install a pair of small restrictors into the range control valve block to slow down the oil flow to the cylinder that shifts one of the synchros. Can't remember now if it was F-R or the range shifts??

ff

Quote Originally Posted by Footsfitter View Post
    Not dabbled with the TS range. What gearbox do you have and is it electro-hydraulic?? On the TM range there is a mod to install a pair of small restrictors into the range control valve block to slow down the oil flow to the cylinder that shifts one of the synchros. Can't remember now if it was F-R or the range shifts??

ff
    On Range command it is both. 2 balanced rams, A and C ranges on one, B and R on the other.

TS will be either electroshift 16x16 or dual power. Both straight out of 40 series.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo View Post
    TS will be either electroshift 16x16 or dual power. Both straight out of 40 series.

Yes, but can be right hand mechanical f-r shuttle, or left hand electro-hydraulic one.

Quote Originally Posted by prongy View Post
    Yes, but can be right hand mechanical f-r shuttle, or left hand electro-hydraulic one.
    left hand electric shuttle , 2003 model . 16-16 es

cheers

left hand electric shuttle , 2003 model . 16-16 es

cheers
    Would have a word with dealer and see if restricters can be fitted in transmission top cover. Slow the oil flow to the solenoid valves to suit you. Staionary changes done at lower revs should aid life, but any synchro can fail, abused or not.